Look What I WON!


These are the goodies I won from Kristi Bowman Designs over on Dreamsome Designs Blog (plus a couple of added things I just HAD to purchase!)  Are they just the coolest ever, or what?! 

I'm sure you can imagine how excited and lucky I felt when I received all these gorgeous hand crafted components this week - I mean, really!!?!! My mind is swirling with all the potential. 

Here's a little secret - these are the exact pieces I would make,...if only I could. Or should I say, if I dared.  I have PMC, I just don't work with it very often because I think I'm not that good at it, even though I had a wonderful teacher! (Kathy Hunter, please take a bow!)



Kristi's "Snake Charms" are my favorite - look at them - they're fabulous!!  But since I have absolutely no neck what so ever, and I do want earrings, I will save those for something else and use these ever amazing squares and make them into some cool earrings for myself.  They'll probably become my 'everyday' earrings - I tend to wear the same thing each day while I work and these would be perfect and very cool looking, don't you think?!



Anyhoo - I'm excited about all these pieces and I was dreaming of things to do w/them. I kinda think it's a bit "cheesy" to make a piece of jewelry with something you've won and then sell it on your online store (just my own opinion - to each his/her own!)  so I decided I will keep the squares for myself and make gifts with the rest of these wonderful treasures!!  I might just end up having to keep something else too - we'll see! :) What's your opinion on selling your 'winnings' - is it cool or not, or does it depend on the situation? Give me some insight here folks.

So, I'm off to make a cool pair of earrings w/these amazing squares - got a date tonight w/the hubby!


I wish you all a very Safe, Fun and Happy Labor Day Weekend!  Enjoy your last 'true summer weekend' and create it beautifully!!

Until Next Time,
Peace, Love and Lovely Gifts of Labor!!
Cheers,
~Shel~


9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, thank you so much for sharing. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create with your new goodies!!! I'm so happy you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations -- what a great haul! Now... what will you make first?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what I'm making first.

    Although I do know I'm putting some little chunks of Sleeping Beauty Turquoise with some of the pieces because they would be perfect together!!

    Very organic and "Arizona-ish" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, aahh, don't you just love Kristi's stuff?! Thrilled for you, and can't wait to see what you make. I agree on the winnings question, but I just my opinion. And cause I'm greedy and like to keep the gorgeous stuff for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are very pretty. Have fun with the hubby and have a safe and Happy Labor weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a lucky duck! I love Kristi's components! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow a nice win....love the colours, can't wait to see what is created :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I would love to be on the receiving end of this win. I would keep every piece for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing what you have to say - I love hearing your comments!