Time to Laugh!!

I've had a few folks ask me to do a video tutorial so they can see how I create my "Signature Style" earring wires and I've been trying.



But, as I've confessed before, I am extremely "Techno-Challenged".

So, it's been a bit slow.

And, it's still not really 'there' yet.
But here's what I've got so far.



First, keep these things in mind:

1 - I haven't figured out how to truly use the video function of my camera and the new Sony video camera we returned yesterday wasn't any better at getting video close-ups than my camera is.
(neither is my flip camera)
2 - All of these little techno-gadgets probably work fine - it's the operator that's got a malfunction!
3 - I can't even figure out how to get my lap-top to video me, unless of course, I'm on Skype!
4 - There's probably software out there that takes your videos and does really cool things with them, but I'm sure all their cool features would be completely wasted on me.
and
5 - I wish I could get really cool close-up 'macro' jewelry making shots using the video mode of my camera like I do when it's in picture taking mode. But I can't.

Oh, and
6 - Keep in mind, this was only my second attempt. My first attempt was shorter and is still up over on You Tube (as is this one) but this one I was able to actually add some captions to.

I know - I'm such a dork - there's no other excuse!

Me - "Dorking-Out" for the Camera!

When I do this again, I'll take this one down (it's here on the blog over on the Tutorials and Fun Stuff page) and put a new one up - but in the meantime, if you have any suggestions or anything, I'm all ears (and questions, too, I'm sure!)

So, here's your laugh for the weekend!!

Enjoy!




Until Next Time,
Peace, Love and Techno-Dorkiness!!
Cheers,
~Shel~ 

Scottsdale Art Walk - November 2011

6 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humor. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the new tutorial is perfect--and man how ilove the broked file--and, of course, thoze earwires

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! My girlfriend and I have the jewelry making bug. This was very helpful and will save us money. Thank you Shel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing what you have to say - I love hearing your comments!