Pearls! Pearls!! Pearls!!! Blog Hop

*Sign ups for the blog hop are now closed*


Are you ready to ROCK SOME PEARLS?!
 
 
 
I am! (Always!)
 
So, let's have some fun and do a PEARLS blog hop. 
(Like, y'all didn't know that was coming sooner or later, right?!)
 
www.MiShelDesigns.blogspot.com
 
 
Okay, here's the Scoop:
 
1) Gotta have a Blog to post the reveal on.
 
2) Make something (doesn't have to be jewelry *Gasp!*) with pearls in it. A lot of pearls, a few pearls - your choice. 
 
3) They can be real pearls (freshwater, saltwater, Tahitian, South Sea) or imitation (Swarovski, Czech glass, plastic, shell pearls, etc.)
 
4) What you create can be any style or pay homage to any era/age/region, etc. (i.e. Modern, Ancient, Rustic, Vintage, Boho, Cottage-Chic, Cowgirl, Southwestern, New-England Classic-Stuffy, Trendy, Art-Deco, Tribal, Beachy, Glam, Grunge, Goth, etc.) You name - you can make it!
 
5) Post the reveal of your creation(s) on Sunday, September 15th, 2013 on your blog and come here to see the list of participants and hop around and see what everyone has created. (I'll do the Inlinkz thingy so it's easy for people to link up and hop around, okay?)
 
6) Mention WHERE you got your pearls in your post and why you like to shop there - and provide a link if you have one - so that way, we can all shop for pearls after the hop!
*If you've had your pearls for years and/or can't remember where you scored them, or if they were gifted to you or something like this, that's fine - just mention that in your post.
 
That's it!
 
 
 
Sign up: Now through Sunday, August 25th.
Leave a comment below on this post with your
name, email and blog url and you're in!
*feel free to email me at Shel@asicj.com
w/your email if you don't want anyone to see it.
 
 
"Freya" - Wire Pearl Goddess Sculpture by Michelle Buettner of MiShel Designs
 
 
For inspiration (jewelry and accessories wise) you can hop over to my Pearls, Pearls, Pearls, Pinterest Board and check out all the cool pearls there or just search Pearls in general on Pinterest or Google and you'll find a whole slew of neato things!
 
"Cotton Candy Pearls" by Michelle Buettner
 
 
So, get to creating with your pearls, because as you know,....
 
Pearls are for any person, for any reason, any time, any place, any season!
 
"Falling For You" Pearl Bracelet
 
 
Until Next Time,
 
Peace, Love and PEARLS, Baby!!
 
Cheers,
~Shel~
 
Oh, and feel free to copy/paste the little pearl pic below to throw up on your blog if you'd like.
 
 
 
www.MiShelDesigns.Blogspot.com
 
 
See you and your gorgeous Pearls on
September 15th, 2013!
 

26 comments:

  1. I am scared of pearls. So I want in :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so brave, Kashmira. . . .you always jump at a chance to stretch yourself and face your fears!! Pearls!! Oh My! Love to look at them; not sure how to work with them. Have Fun!

      Delete
  2. Please count me in. I really can't resist this. My blog is beadcontagion.blogspot.com. Email beadcontagion@gmail.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready to rock some pearls, and would love to participate! What a great idea for a hop!
    Karin Slaton
    backstorybeads.blogspot.com
    karin.slaton@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to join in! What a fun blog hop! ~Sharyl Sharyl's Jewelry & Reflections, sharylsjewelry@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm in, could do with an excuse to use up some more of my stash, Niky sayers, silverniknats at email dot com http://silverniknats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me! (=Sarah) I would like to take part in your pearls blog hop please.
    my blog is: singingsongsofsixpence.blogspot.com
    and my email is stringasongofsixpence at googlemail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to join in the fun, Michelle! This hop is so perfect for the Pearl Queen.
    I'm going to try to link your blog button, but sometimes wordpress and blogger just don't want to play nice together.
    And I have to add that this post with your photos is just drop dead gorgeous.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like fun! I love pearls... Count me in please!
    Lisa Yang
    My Blog is http://www.lisayangjewelry.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoo hoo, I'm in. I have tons of pearls, not real, from destashe's I have purchased, will really make me think out of the box.

    Veralynne Malone
    maloneve@gmail.com
    veradesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to be apart of this blog hop! Serena Trent, pinkicejewels@gmail.com and www.pijworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun times! Sign me up, please.
    Amy Bright
    labweorc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked on your blog, but cannot find an email contact for you - so I don't know how to get ahold of you - can you please email me at Shel@asicj.com ?? Thanks a bunch!

      Delete
  12. Oh, I'm so glad you've all joined in the "Pearl Fun". I think it's going to be a great little hop. I mean, what better way to look at "pearl eye candy"? And, to find new places to get more great pearls - yessiree, that's what I'm talking about!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning, Shel! I have a couple of questions before starting this challenge...First one is regarding your earrings "Freya". They looked oxidized to me. Did you do this before or after you added the pearls? How do they handle a LOS bath? Second, I notice that you use large hole pearls in you pieces sometimes. Do you purchase these or drill your own? If so, how? I thought the expert of all things pearls would be the right one to ask! Thanks!

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you a long email - but I think I'm going to address some of these issues here on the blog in the next week or so, too Lynda! Great questions!!

      Delete
  14. Oh this sounds like fun! Please sign me up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Name: Dee Alcalde
    E-mail: dalcalde@creationsofagape.com
    Blog: http://agapecreationsjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please count me in....I love pearls! klassyjoolz@yahoo.com Blog: http://klassyjoolz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Count me in - I love working with pearls!

    Molly Alexander
    info@missmollysdesigns.com
    http://beautifullybrokenme.blogspot.com

    Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am supposed to be on a self-imposed leave of absence from hops, so Yes, sign me up! LOL
    Christine Altmiller
    onekisscreations@comcast.net
    onekisscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would love to join. So, I'm notoriously bad when it comes to make deadlines, but, I'm on vacation right now, and will have access to GAZILLIONS OF BEADS on Beaders Best (that's right, not Bead Fest, this is a GERMAN thing) and hopefully some pearls too, plus I loveloveLOVE pearls, so chances are good. I still might drop out on last second's notice, just a heads up. :(

    Sandra Wollberg
    wollberg.sandra[@]googlemail.com
    city-of-brass-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love pearls so I have to join in especially as I haven't played with them for a while.

    Shaiha
    blogbaby(at)comcast(dot)net
    http://shaihasramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, shoot, I missed the deadline! Just read about this, so will look forward to seeing everyone's creations with the much-loved pearls. Great idea for a blog hop!!

    Gina H.

    ReplyDelete
  22. *****Sign ups for the blog hop are now closed. Thank you everyone who has signed up!*** You'll be getting an email from me here in the next couple of weeks with a list of participants. ****

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing what you have to say - I love hearing your comments!