FOL14 - Week 10 - The BIG Picture

It's week 10 for the Focus on Life 2014 Weekly Photography Challenge and Sally over at The Studio Sublime has given us the theme of
"Checking Out" for the month of March.
 
 
 
This week's prompt is:
 
The BIG Picture
 
"As for this week, we are expanding what we are 'checking out' and looking at the BIG picture!"
 
I have a hard time with getting these types of pics to turn out the way the I want them to.
 
 


Click to enlarge - you'll be happy you did! :-)
 
 

 
These photos might not have been exactly what Sally meant with her prompt, but I did try a few different things this week, including trying to read the online manual for both my cameras.  (grrr,.....)
 
Well, after not having much success with that whole thing, I grabbed my phone and snapped the beauty around us while we were on a little walk about the neighborhood the other night.
 
 
 
 
 
I also captured this sunrise one morning with the 'panorama' setting on my phone.

 
 
click to enlarge
 
I'm a bit obsessed with sunrises and sunsets - as you can see.

I'm sure you're getting bored with them lately,....especially if you follow me on Facebook or over on Instagram.

But hey, I'm having fun and enjoying each moment I capture!


 
 
 
I looked. I focused.
I held my breath.
I clicked.



I captured what I found beautiful.
 
 
This one I used an edit on and then put a frame on it - but it still looks pretty much
the way the sunrise did. Except for the green glowing houses across the lake. :-)
 
 
I never thought in a million years that I'd say this but,...
I think my phone camera might be a better camera than either of my actual cameras.
 
Well, except for the macro shots I get w/my Lumix.
Those can be pretty awesome. 
 
So, I wonder what 'big' pictures everyone else captured this week?
 
Let's have a look, shall we?
 
Until Next Time,
Peace, Love and Getting the Big Picture!
Cheers,
~Shel~
 


16 comments:

  1. WOW! Stunning sunsets or sunrise, spectacular colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos!! I never get tired of seeing sunrise and sunset photos. Lucky you to have had the chance to capture these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures.. I spent a grreat deal of yesterday trying to read the online manual for my camera too... all canons are suppose to have the stitch picture feature.... Yea sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great shots no matter what they were taken with. Love the clouds in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First these shots are absolutely stunning!! Beautiful, beautiful scenery!!! I couldn't agree more sometimes I get the most amazing shots with my phone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing to have morning and evening vistas like these! And to discover the wonders of your camera phone…which you'll probably have with you to be ready for shots like these. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos! You did good. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never ever get tired of looking at sunrise or sunset photos. No two are ever alike and each one is spectacular. You captured them beautifully!! I'm always disappointed with the pictures I take with my phone. I don't know how everyone gets such great photos with theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful Shel! How could anyone get tired of a sunset or sunrise ... especially as beautiful as these?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your pictures this week of course I am partial to sunrises & sunset photos. I think my phone takes pretty good photos also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I think you've got to grips with the big pictures - stunning photos! I'm with you - my new camera came with a disk for the online manual **ggrrr indeed!**

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shel, I can understand your fascination with the sunrises and sunsets. The third photo where the sky is that pinkish-purplish is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What amazing colours in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I **love** sunsets and sunrises (although these days I rarely get up early enough to catch the later :) ). I think you captured the essence of the 'challenge' perfectly: you learned something new, you experimented, you went outside and looked with intent, and discovered, and captured, and enjoyed. That's it!
    P.S. Your phone camera most likely *is* better than the other cameras, they usually have a larger resolution (especially if they are new). But they aren't as good with zooms (or close-ups).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why you love sunrises and sunsets - the skies in your area are so beautiful with such lovely color, made all the better with the water's reflections. Truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome shots, sorry I am so late posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing what you have to say - I love hearing your comments!